Who We are
LINEARAMA is a creative hub where different interests come together to bring ideas to life; it is an architecture, design, and research lab, as well as the effort of two Italian architects, Gabriele Molfetta and Selene Vacchelli, who provide their own artistic and technical capabilities for the planning and execution of projects and professional advice.
LINEARAMA, through the intersection of different attitudes and qualities, reaches a unique vision that encompasses many perspectives of the design process or, in general, of the design culture.
LINEARAMA researches and uses a representation method that, true to its name, aims to experience the effectiveness of simple images as tools and vehicles for concepts, ideas, and visions that should always be widely interpreted.
LINEARAMA comes to life in a specific historical context where architecture often finds its “reason for being” in representation. The overuse of visual mediums without clear theoretical support can detract from the essence of a project, and the rampant glamorization of images can divert ideas from their possible real-world counterparts. This glamorization, in a positive sense, is always supported by the same quality and attention throughout the entire design process and not just during the construction of an image. It is the suitable language for architectural storytelling, through which it can draw its effectiveness and charm and can make possible what still doesn’t exist.
The overstated realization of contemporary hyper-realistic images often brings the opposite result and quite often ends in a self-representative, sterile, and lifeless frame. As digital natives, our approach to tech tools is always oriented towards genuine and authentic communication of projects. Glamorization commensurate with narration, representation not as a purpose but just as a medium. To imagine means describing visions; in other words, it is to provide proposals for a probable future.
LINEARAMA pursues the re-appropriation of imagination, researching its representation essence, conscious that architecture doesn’t have the power to solve problems but has the duty to provide valid answers to specific needs.
LINEARAMA was established in Genoa in 2014.
Awards & Achievements
- LINEARAMA + Valter Scelsi finalists at Italian Architecture Award 2023 by Milan Triennale & MAXXI with DAS MINSK kunsthaus in Potsdam interior design.
- DAS MINSK kunsthaus in Potsdam – Published on DOMUS #1076 and domusweb
- La bibliocicletta01 – Opening the 2022 National School Year with the presence of the President of the Italian Republic.
- il Genovese Boccadasse – Published on DOMUS #1054 and domusweb
- il Genovese Boccadasse – Published on Designboom
- il Genovese Boccadasse – Longlisted on Dezeen Award 2021
- Gino – Exhibition at Unfolding Pavilion – 16th Architecture Biennale
- Procopia: a fragile landscape exhibited at Antilia Gallery – Le Città Invisibili by Calvino
- La Favorita School, Corbetta Milanese – 3rd Prize with the project: La Favorita
- NIB – Top 10 Italian Architects and Landscapers
- DIVISARE box set “New Architects – 1” – Effectiveness of image simplicity
- AAA Architetticercasi™, Pescara – 1st Prize with the project: Epiciclo
- ARCHIPRIX 13 international, Moskow – Finalist with the project: centrl©ities
- ARCHIPRIX Italy – Finalist with the project: Pegli 3
- Moksville, Mooste – Finalist with the project: Moks Playground