Who We are
LINEARAMA is a creative hub of different interests joined together to achieve ideas; It’s an architecture, a design, and a research lab, as well as the effort of two Italian Architects who provide their own artistic and technical capability for the drawing up and the realization of projects and professional advice.
LINEARAMA, through the intersection of different attitudes and qualities, reaches a unique vision that encloses many perspectives of the design process or, in general, of the design culture.
LINEARAMA research and uses a representation method that, loyal to its name, wants to experience the effectiveness of image simplicity, tool, and vehicle of concepts, ideas, and visions that should always be widely interpreted.
LINEARAMA comes to life in a particular historical context where architecture often finds its “reason of being” in representation, where the hypertrophy of the visual medium, if poor of clear theoretical support, can’t coincide with the essence of the project, and where the rampant glamorization of the image can turn ideas away from their possible real counterpart.
This glamorization, in its positive meaning, always supported by the same quality and attention in the whole design process and not only during the construction of an image, is the suitable language for the architecture storytelling, through which it can draw its effectiveness and charm and can make possible what still doesn’t exist.
The overstated realization of the contemporary hyper-realistic images often brings the opposite result and quite always ends in a self-representative, sterile, and lifeless frame. As sons of the digital era, our approach to tech tools is always oriented to the genuine and not-faked communication of the projects.
Glamorization is commensurate with narration, representation not as a purpose but just as a medium. To imagine means describing visions; in other words, it is to provide proposals for a probable future.
LINEARAMA pursues the re-appropriation of imagination, researching its correct representation, conscious that Architecture doesn’t have the power of solving problems but has the duty to provide valid answers to specific needs.
LINEARAMA was established in Genoa in 2014.
Awards & Achievements
- La bibliocicletta01 – Opening the 2022 National School Year with the presence of the President of the Italian Republic.
- il Genovese Boccadasse – Published on DOMUS #1054 and domusweb
- il Genovese Boccadasse – Published on Designboom
- il Genovese Boccadasse – Longlisted on Dezeen Award 2021
- Gino – Exhibition at Unfolding Pavilion – 16th Architecture Biennale
- Procopia: a fragile landscape exhibited at Antilia Gallery – Le Città Invisibili by Calvino
- La Favorita School, Corbetta Milanese – 3rd Prize with the project: La Favorita
- NIB – Top 10 Italian Architects and Landscapers
- DIVISARE box set “New Architects – 1” – Effectiveness of image simplicity
- AAA Architetticercasi™, Pescara – 1st Prize with the project: Epiciclo
- ARCHIPRIX 13 international, Moskow – Finalist with the project: centrl©ities
- ARCHIPRIX Italy – Finalist with the project: Pegli 3
- Moksville, Mooste – Finalist with the project: Moks Playground